giovedì 1 settembre 2016

Module 1. Chapter 2

This is my second chapter of module 1 of my Course.
I painted 4 big sheets of white paper in the colours of my choice: indigo and gold-yellow. Iused acrilic paints in this colours:
yellow: TODO primary yellow and a bit of Polycolor 116
indigo: Rayer Patio Paint 384 ULTRABLAU and a bit of Artist Ferrario Carmin
I painted with a large brush and a sponge; the result is good, in my opinion. The colours are very contrasted, I think because the yellow is in a value different than indigo, it's more clear.


I painted also two sheets in both colours, with the sponge. In one I employed the sponge in little touches, in the second I painted in more large gesture.
I'm not very happy with the result, because the colours wasn't mixed well, in the indigo part you con see blue and red distincted. In the sheet painted with little touches (with two sponges) the colours mixed, and the result is a sort of green, of course.




Then I made my stamp; I used a kit that I bought in Tiger store, very useful. I choose a part of huguenot cross, and I stamped it in indigo over yellow paper. It was very funny, I enjoyed the result and the process. I didn't thougt that with  such a little and simple stamp I could make such amount of different patterns. The only problem was that the stamp was a little larger than the motif, it is not easy to understand where the motif will be stamped.


The last exercice was cutting and pasting some shapes. At the beginning I found it a little boring: drawing and cutting, drawing and cutting. I cut some shapes with scissors and some with knife, some with zig-zag scissors and some by hand.
When I began gluing the yellow shapes on indigo paper, the magic appeared! The shapes were very contrasting and I found new shapes overlapping two crosses or stars. I found that it's almost impossible overlapping shapes with different number of tips.



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento