I found this chapter not very difficult, I know a little the Appliqué technique.
I continued with the same way of cutting, as I did in previous chapters. I think that it's intresting to see different results with the same cut.
I began to superimpose three layers of fabric, some plain and some decorated:
I made two pieces of decorated fabric with "bits". I put some scraps of fabric and thread over an organza layer, and I put organza also over my fabric, to secure it. Although my organza was very trasparent, I found that the result was a little "foggy"and the fabric was too much thick, it was difficult to cut it in a good shape. I didn't like it.
I employed these pieces to stick over two more layers of fabric:
I am ethusiastic about the last technique; I never tried it before, and the result is stunning. I painted the glued side of the paper, then I ironed it over my plain fabric, and the transfer was perfect! I think I will use it some more times.
Nessun commento:
Posta un commento